HYDROTON Clay Pebbles Growing Media Expanded Clay Rocks for Hydroponic systems
Hydroton media is the first choice for aquaponic gardeners
Hydroton is an expanded clay, a lightweight gravel which is manufactured specifically for soilless cultivation. Derived from a renewable and plentiful source (clay), HYDROTON is considered an ecologically sustainable medium. The clay is formed into pellets and fired in rotary kilns at 1200°C. Thereby the clay expands like popcorn and becomes porous.
Compared to gravel HYDROTON offers the aquaponic gardener many advantages.
- 1/2 the weight of gravel
- Theidealround shape is easy on hands
- Completelyinert, pH neutral and does not contain any nutrient (gravel can contain toxic or pH altering materials)
- Porosity creates excellent air and water exchange
- 8-16mm range size.
Compared to soil, peat, coir (coconut fiber) or pearlite HYDROTON offers many additional advantages.
- It can be used and reused for many years
- Ensures good root aeration.
- Prevents rotting.
- Prevents excess acidity.
- Prevents soil pests.
We buy in bulk in order to save you the customer money on smaller amounts purchased.
Your item will be repackaged in a clear plastic bag based on the amount you buy.
This item will not be shipped in its original packing