Item: (35g, to make 1000 ml) MURASHIGE SKOOG (MS) Medium with Sucrose, BA, NAA, Vitamins,and Agar
- USA product, GMP products (MS).
- Ready to use, no need to calculate and prepare chemical solutions.
Details:Two packets are included in this listing item:
- 35 grams MS medium dehydrate powder, with Sucrose, Vitamins, 1 mg/L BA and 0.1 mg/L NAA; to make 1000 ml liquid medium; macromolecules and vitamins include 100 mg myo-Inositol, 0.5 mg Nicotinic Acid,0.1 mg Thiamine HCl, 0.5 mg Pyridoxine HCl and 2 mg Glycine per 35g powder/liter final liquid medium.
- 5 grams Agar, packed separately, commonly used final concentration 0.5 – 2%.
- Fast shipping US domestic via USPS First Class Mail andglobally via International Shipping Service or USPS First Class International Service
Medium Preparation:Dissolve the MS medium powder (35 grams) in 1000 ml water (or scale to your desired volume), sterilized by filtration or autoclave at 115 °C for 15 minutes (if autoclave not available, sterilized in a kitchen pressure cooker for 30 minutes).
Agar can be added to the medium at users' desired concentration and autoclaves(can't be filter sterilization). Agar and other gelling agents (e.g. Gellan Gum andCarrageenan) are commonly used. The included Agar (5 g) in this listing is sufficient to make 400 ml nutrient gel at 1.2% agar, a commonly used concentration. MS without agar is sufficient and commonly used for suspension plant cell culture and plant tissue pre-culture (for adaptation purpose, 2-5 days).
Uses:This MS Medium is the most used nutrient formulation by professionals and hobbyists. This medium contains the macro-, micronutrients, and vitamins as described by Murashige & Skoog (1962) as well as sucrose, auxin (NAA) and cytokinin (BA). This medium is ready to use for general plant tissue culture, cell suspension culture and plant cloning. This is a good start medium for new projects without literature information of a plant.
Some opinions on plant tissue culture:
- Murashige and Skoog (MS) medium is a good start, but culture media depend a lots on the plants you're working on; check the literature for previous work.
- MS medium is quite good for induction of non-organized growth (callus) but may prevent plant organogenesis. Half strength MS (MS/2), Gamborg’s B-5 Medium and Half Gamborg’s B-5 Medium may be the alternatives to reduce plant contamination is still the top issue in plant tissue/cell culture for both amateur and professional.
- A decrease of sucrose concentration and an increase of CO2 supply may reduce fungal/microbial contamination.
- Consider co-culture of plant tissue/cell with its naturally associated microorganisms if stubborn contamination occurs.
- Check our contamination inhibitors SHY and TICO, natural plant/microorganism extracts.
Other similar items in our store (new): (MS based with Gamborg's vitamins plus mT for Cannabaceae Family & other hard to grow plants)
Cannabis Multiplication Medium with meta-Topolin and Agar (105g or 3.7oz to make 3000 ml) Cannabis Multiplication Medium with meta-Topolin https://www..com/itm/133420800014