This item has been shown 145 times.
- Great for growing a garden indoors, you'll need extra lighting in order to produce healthy and dense vegetation
- Hps (high pressure sodium) grow lights emit a strong, warm white light that helps to stimulate plant and flower growth
- Hps grow lights tend to be much more efficient than other alternatives and have a longer life span, saving you money on energy bills and replacements
- High pressure sodium light helps stimulate flower and fruit production in plants more efficiently
- It is best to use hps grow lights for the fruiting and flowering phase of plant growth or in a 4:1 ratio of hps to MH for best results
HPS grow lights tend to be much more efficient than other alternatives and have a longer life span, saving you money on energy bills and replacements.
Although they are about 30 percent more efficient than incandescent, much of the power consumed by an HPS lamp is lost as heat. Because these lamps do put out a lot of heat, it’s important to keep them about 12 to 18 inches away from the plant.
Anything closer than that will start to burn most plants. The heat generation may be an issue in warmer climates or the summer months, but it can help mitigate the cold in the winter or colder climates.