This item has been shown 1649 times.
AutoPot systemThe patented Autopot systems use gravity and the ingenious AQUAvalve(R) to deliver just the right amount of food and water to plants without any of the hassles of pump driven hydroponics - but with all the benefits. Used in commercial greenhouse to outperform standard systems and cut costs.When combined with the AQUAvalve's patented wet dry-cycle that mimics mother nature's natural rainfall cycle, your favorite plants will grow like never before.The AQUAvalve's method of operation resembles that of an ebb and flow system by employing a simple flood and drain principle but without the need to return depleted solution back to the reservoir. This simplifies nutrient solution management and opens up hundreds of new uses for this proven technique.The AQUAvalve first floods the tray to a depth of 1" with water or nutrient solution. Plants get their initial soaking. The AQUAValve then "waits" for your plants to consume the solution before re-flooding the tray with a fresh charge.Each AQUAvalve is fed by a 1/4" connection to either a gravity fed or low pressure (up to 8 psi) water or nutrient source.The kit is ideal for indoors, greenhouses and outdoors; it will water and feed your plants for up to four weeks and is suitable for a variety of plants, ornamental and edible.
Why use our watering system?
- No more daily watering, the system can be left unattended for weeks
- All our systems require no power, pumps or timers to operate
- Simple gravity pressure is all that is required from a reservoir or waterbutt
- One of the most water efficient irrigation systems worldwide
- Can be used to grow any crop varieties; edible or ornamental
- Adaptable and easily extended in minutes
- Environmentally sustainable
There are a few things you must do before planting. The first and most important thing is to make sure you use the root control discs. You should use one for each pot. The root control disc is placed in the pot, gold face down. This root control disc will prevent roots from leaving the pot and heading towards the AQUAvalve. However it is prudent to keep an eye on any roots escaping and heading towards the AQUAvalve, if this happens, please simply remove the roots. This will not damage your plant in any way.
You should use a filter with all AutoPot Watering Systems, it is very important that you check and clean the filter regularly. If it is a sponge filter that is positioned inside your reservoir, then it is advisable that you clean the sponge every time you refill the reservoir. If you use an inline filter it should be cleaned every 2-4 weeks. A poorly maintained filter can result in disrupted nutrient solution supply and even block the AQUAvalves.
Generally, if you keep clean and make sure your reservoir and AutoPot trays do not get contaminated with debris, your AQUAvalve should work perfectly for the duration of your crop. If you are growing long term crops you should service your AQUAvalves every 3 months.
A quick service involves turning off the water supply to your AQUAvalves and letting the plants use up the solution in the tray. Once the trays are dry and the valves have completed their wet/dry cycle, remove the AQUAvalves. You should also check if the yellow silicone in the top float needs resetting. To ensure that the AQUAvalve nozzle is unobstructed, use a paperclip or pipe cleaner and push through the AQUAvalve nozzle to remove any sediment.
An ideal substrate for use in AutoPot systems is a 50% mix of perlite with either soil or coco. AutoPot Watering Systems have grown plants in a vast range of substrates from coral, to denim and pumice stone... we are now using the systems for aeroponic plant growth.
- WARNING: If using clay pebbles, whether at the bottom of the pot as additional drainage or as part of the mix, the clay pebbles must be pH stable. Be aware that certain brands are NOT pH stable and will increase the pH of the water in the tray dramatically affecting plant growth. If you are unsure whether your clay pebbles are pH stable, then the pebbles being used must be pre-soaked for a minimum period of 48 hours in pH water 4.5. This will stabilise the clay pebbles. Please ask your local store for further advice or contact AutoPot. *Clay pebbles should not be used alone as there is not enough capillary action in the clay pebbles to draw the water high up into the pot. Clay pebbles should always be used with additional substrates.
- Clay pebbles at the bottom of the pot can also be used as additional drainage if required to a level of 1”. Please ensure that the clay pebbles are pH stable before use.
- Always use a good quality soil or coco.
- Which ever substrate you decide to use, make sure its light, fluffy and free draining.
- All AutoPot Watering Systems are extremely versatile and can be used with the medium / substrate of your choice. Whether growing in soil, coco, or hydroponically our systems exceed all expectations.
Here are a few examples of substrates that can be used successfully in AutoPot Watering Systems: 50% / 50%
Soil / Perlite; Soil / Clay Pebbles; Coco / Perlite; Coco / Clay Pebbles; Rockwool / Clay Pebbles
System Contents: 24 Pot System
- 1x 105 Gallon tank & lid
- 1x 1/2" tank adaptor & filter
- 1x ¼" in-line filter
- 2x 1/2" in-line tap
- 12x 1/2"-1/4" cross connector
- 24x 1Pot trays & lids
- 24x 6.6 gallon pot
- 24x AQUAvalve
- 32ft of 1/2" pipe
- 39ft of ¼" pipe
- 24x root control disc
Free shipping within continental US only.